photo header_zps0f91e2d9.jpg photo ex_zps61d55d43.jpg photo home_zps85f688be.jpg photo about_zpsa1ea80b7.jpg photo contact_zps4aa39ec8.jpg photo twitter_zps89adcf86.jpg photo links_zps1c63dfd5.jpg photo ex1_zps4edc29b7.jpg

Tall and Awkward... Gringa-hood in Chile

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Hello Internet,

So far Chile has been an excellent adventure. There have been some stressful moments, and difficult days, but I think that's a normal consequence of being an expat. For the most part Santiago has proved to be an exciting city to explore. My days are filled with teaching English classes, running from one end of Santiago to the other, and lumbering over the many small old ladies. I am consistently one of the tallest people on the subway and almost always the tallest woman in any room. It doesn't really bother me, but it can be a bit uncomfortable at times. The other day I had felt someone pushing me on the subway. I turned around to see who this obnoxious person was but there was no one to be found. It was not until I looked down and saw a woman wearing high heels who must have only been four feet tall! That's almost two feet shorter than me!

In other news I've become friends with many canines here. I mean I've also met some lovely humans... but the dogs here are unbelievably cute! They are on every corner and they are so sweet. I have nearly taken a few of them home, which is a worrying trend! If I lived in my own house I would certainly have taken in a puppy by now.




Aren't they all so cute?!?!

I'll be in touch soon internet... and hopefully with some real pictures. I've been looking into/saving up for a camera. I want to PROPERLY document my time in Chile.

Toodles for now!

A


1 comment:

  1. Hey! I could have sworn I've been to this blog before but
    after browsing through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
    Anyways, I'm definitely glad I found it and I'll be book-marking and checking back often!



    Here is my homepage :: elder scrolls online gameplay

    ReplyDelete