photo header_zps0f91e2d9.jpg photo ex_zps61d55d43.jpg photo home_zps85f688be.jpg photo about_zpsa1ea80b7.jpg photo contact_zps4aa39ec8.jpg photo twitter_zps89adcf86.jpg photo links_zps1c63dfd5.jpg photo ex1_zps4edc29b7.jpg

Smoggy Sunsets

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Hello world!

I'm still researching cameras (*read saving up for a proper camera*) but in the mean time I thought I'd share some pictures of the smoggy sunset. As I've mentioned before, the smog in Santiago is terrible. Think Los Angeles x a billion. It does, however, make for some amazing sunsets! I was hanging out in my living room and suddenly realized that the view outside warranted documentation. Of course my sad little phone couldn't capture the actual beauty (the mountains were literally pink!) but here's what I got:

 
Clearly my phone's camera quality is becoming a problem. I'm not sure if you can really tell... but in the bottom picture you can see Cerro San Cristobal in the background. In the foreground you can see a big tent. The city puts on markets every season. This tent just went up last week and it will house a big book fair (feria de libros). It's mostly children's and young adult books, but I figure that's about my Spanish reading level anyway. Perfect! Ha!

I'll be back soon with more Santiago updates. This will be an interesting week because I got a new schedule at work which includes a bunch of new students. Wish me luck!

XX
A

P.S. testing some different things to make my blog better :) I'll fill you in once I have stuff set up!

No comments:

Post a Comment