photo header_zps0f91e2d9.jpg photo ex_zps61d55d43.jpg photo home_zps85f688be.jpg photo about_zpsa1ea80b7.jpg photo contact_zps4aa39ec8.jpg photo twitter_zps89adcf86.jpg photo links_zps1c63dfd5.jpg photo ex1_zps4edc29b7.jpg

Metro

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Metro in Santiago is legitimately crazy. I've had to endure rides that are so packed I had to hold my backpack over my head to fit into the car. I've mentioned the metro before on my blog but today I decided to take some pictures on one of my many jaunts across the city. To be honest, it was hard to really capture the essence of the subway without looking like a total freak (it's a bit awkward to take pictures when you're in such close quarters!), but I got some OK shots.

That structure coming out of the ground is the mouth of the subway.

There are crazy stripes that direct you.

I took this picture around 2:30p.m. and it was really crowded!

The trains have rubber tires... WEIRD.


Most of the stations have cool sculptures and designs... this one has a big mural.

So that's the metro! In other news I tried out a yoga class yesterday. Yoga in Spanish is very different. I also made the mistake of going to a a class that was too advanced. It was very difficult, which rendered some horrifically embarrassing situations for me. I think I will go back, but next time I'll go to a less intense level. I'll report back!

Ciao, internet!

XX
A

P.S. Stay tuned for some food posts soon (I hope!).

No comments:

Post a Comment