photo header_zps0f91e2d9.jpg photo ex_zps61d55d43.jpg photo home_zps85f688be.jpg photo about_zpsa1ea80b7.jpg photo contact_zps4aa39ec8.jpg photo twitter_zps89adcf86.jpg photo links_zps1c63dfd5.jpg photo ex1_zps4edc29b7.jpg

Empanadas

Saturday, August 24, 2013

I'm insanely tired today (*read: hungover/stayed out until 5am... yikes*) but thanks to M and K, I rallied and made my way to Barrio Italia (very close to my apartment) for an empanada. I've had lots of empanadas since I've been in Chile but this was my favorite so far. The crust was a delicious buttery wonderland and the filling was steaming hot and actually substantial (some empanadas come with a single disappointing slice of ham inside... tragic). The empanadas plus the beautiful weather made my physical state much more bearable. Ha! Anyhoooooo I thought I'd share some pics of my dangerously delicious lunch...

Look how cute the packaging was! 

The (mostly) full empanada in all of it's buttery glory... I couldn't restrain myself and took a bite before I took a picture (slash I didn't even think to take a picture until after my first bite... foolish, I know).

Just LOOK at that filling! I went for the simple jamon y queso and it was awesome.

That's all for now. I'm going to an asado (BBQ) later but I'm going to attempt to sleep a little beforehand. I'll let you all know what I get up to tonight/tomorrow!

XX
A

No comments:

Post a Comment