photo header_zps0f91e2d9.jpg photo ex_zps61d55d43.jpg photo home_zps85f688be.jpg photo about_zpsa1ea80b7.jpg photo contact_zps4aa39ec8.jpg photo twitter_zps89adcf86.jpg photo links_zps1c63dfd5.jpg photo ex1_zps4edc29b7.jpg

Popaico Part 2

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Hi World,

Excuse my radio silence. I've been insanely busy running around Santiago the last two weeks. I've finally started teaching at the Polpaico plant. Little did I know, the plant is actually owned by a huge global company. This means that each of my classes only have one Chilean student. I also have a student form Venezuela, 2 Argentines (Argentinians?), and one Brazilian. It's so cool to learn about other parts of South America! But I digress. The real reason I've decided to share any information about Polpaico is because I wanted to show you guys my classroom. Maybe you won't agree, but this room feels like a '70's board room to me. I imagine that the room is usually stuffed with a bunch of old guys smoking cigars and making important decisions. But when I'm there it's a classroom in which we play games about articles of clothing... such is the life of an expat ESL teacher. Ha!  Anyways I thought I'd share some [awkward] pics I snapped while I waited for my students.

A snap out the car window on the way to the plant. It was a very smoggy day but you can kind of see the mountains in the distance (they're very faint).

I panicked as I took this picture because I thought someone was about to walk in and catch me creepily taking pictures of this seemingly uninteresting board room, so the composition is not the best. You can, however, see the 70's-esque interior and the old-man-cigar-ness of the place.

As I've mentioned before, Polpaico makes cement. They have all of these jars of pebbles and stuff in the "old-man-cigar-room"... which really contributes to the old man-ness.

See... they're all different!

So now you've seen the weir old-timey baord room I spend 6 hours each week in. Good times! I have another post coming up soon! In the mean time enjoy your Saturday :)

XX
A

No comments:

Post a Comment