photo header_zps0f91e2d9.jpg photo ex_zps61d55d43.jpg photo home_zps85f688be.jpg photo about_zpsa1ea80b7.jpg photo contact_zps4aa39ec8.jpg photo twitter_zps89adcf86.jpg photo links_zps1c63dfd5.jpg photo ex1_zps4edc29b7.jpg

Sick Again

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Sorry for the radio silence. I've been pretty stressed lately due to a litany of situations that I shall not bore you with. I've also been pretty sick. It's been a rough few weeks to say the least. I truly enjoy blogging, but sometimes it's a pain to feel as though you have to produce content when you feel sick and all you really want to do is sleep... or somehow magically wake up in your bed in the states.

I think it's safe to say that I've gotten sick more often here than I have in my entire life. I think between the questionable hygiene habits of some of Santiago's citizens, the crazy weather changes, the pollution, and my own stress I've been particularly susceptible to illness. The last few days, however, have been particularly rough. I've had a crazy stomach flu/fever situation that I cannot seem to kick. I keep thinking that I'm better and then it comes back in full force. It's not fun. AT ALL. We're talking spending-a-4-day-weekend-in-bed not fun. I managed to make it to the pharmacy where the powerful drugs I bought sort of helped. For some reason pseudoephedrine and ibuprofen here come in gigantic horse pills and there are no choices. Just one dosage.

So hopefully that adequately explains where I have been. I am going to Buenos Aires in a few weeks which I'm very excited for and I'll be spending time with some friends this weekend so hopefully I'll be back to regular posting soon. In the mean time I've made a fun link list for ya'll (read: I'm so bored and tired of being sick and this is how I'm occupying my time (instead of planning for my classes--oops!)).

This made me LOL.

So did this. How do these people exist?!?

I really want to make this breakfast recipe, but of course maple syrup costs about $3029480239840298 here :/

This is an old link... but it's a really cool video.

These old pictures of New York are pretty cool, and these.

So that's a short list, but hopefully it'll tide you over. And sorry for the lack of pics folks... like I said, this sickness is a real doozy!

XX
A

No comments:

Post a Comment