photo header_zps0f91e2d9.jpg photo ex_zps61d55d43.jpg photo home_zps85f688be.jpg photo about_zpsa1ea80b7.jpg photo contact_zps4aa39ec8.jpg photo twitter_zps89adcf86.jpg photo links_zps1c63dfd5.jpg photo ex1_zps4edc29b7.jpg

Fight or Flight...

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The CRAZIEST thing happened today. I was on my way to the metro station with a group of co-workers. We'd just taught a (relatively successful) class to children in a low-income neighborhood. We were just across the street form the metro station when we heard glass shatter. It was as if the glass came from thin air and suddenly scattered across the intersection we were about to cross. Then, quite suddenly, a passing bus stopped. We looked over and realized that the glass had come form a broken window on the bus. All of a sudden a man jumps out of the bus and he's carrying a laptop bag. He was running (at a very slow speed) form the bus, and he looked a bit crazy (or he had crazy eyes). My first thought was that he had robbed someone on the bus. Without really thinking through my actions I jumped in front of him and grabbed the bag he was holding. I started yelling at him in Spanish that I knew he was steeling the bag. My co-workers (rightfully) thought I had gone insane and all of the nearby Chileans just stood there in awe (people don't usually do anything to stop robberies, I guess). Then my co-workers started to question whether he'd actually stolen the bag or not (this all happened in a matter of seconds) and I let go and he ran off. The next second the bus driver got off the bus and told us that he'd thrown a rock at a woman's head and then he threw a rock at the window... so it turns out I wasn't wrong to think he was a bad egg (of some sort). The whole thing was all very crazy and my co-workers were totally shocked that my instinct was to do something. I guess I'm a fight person.

This picture has nothing to do with the post but I took it today before the whole robbery incident transpired and it's really cute so I thought I'd show you guys!


That's all for now!

XX
A

1 comment: