photo header_zps0f91e2d9.jpg photo ex_zps61d55d43.jpg photo home_zps85f688be.jpg photo about_zpsa1ea80b7.jpg photo contact_zps4aa39ec8.jpg photo twitter_zps89adcf86.jpg photo links_zps1c63dfd5.jpg photo ex1_zps4edc29b7.jpg

I Love Buenos Aires

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Helloooooooooo!

So this weekend I went to Buenos Aires. It was AMAZING. It's so metropolitan and fun. The food was awesome and the general feel of the city was great. I certainly like elements of Santaigo, but the overall aesthetic of Buenos Aires blows Santiago out of the water. It sort of reminds me of a crazy mixture between New York, Paris, Italy (yes, the whole country), and Madrid. It was great and I'm not pleased to be back in Chile. I took a bunch of pictures, but not many of them turned out that well. I have tons more I can say, but perhaps I'll talk about that another day. Today I'll let the pictures do the talking...

The view from our chicken-wire covered deck.

My room... amazing view and cool furniture. 

The view sans chicken wire.

One of many amazing meals. 

Recoleta cemetery... parts of it made me feel like I was walking around in a Harry Potter book.

Creepy cobwebs on a mausoleum. 


Eva Peron's tomb... Evita!


This tomb was particularly creepy and dilapidated.  

...and this one...

...and this one too.

The tops of the mausoleums. 

This will be on Molli's grave... in case anyone was wondering.

Ghost cat.


So much good produce in normal stores!!! In Chile if you want good produce you have to go to a market. Just look at how amazing the produce is!!

More!

Beautiful French-y apartments... with purple tress (all over the place in LA during the spring as well... and Santiago for that matter).

Big boulevard.

Old lady tango dancers... they were really cool.

Weird figurines I saw at a flea market.. U-S-A ha.

I ate a lot of ice cream... it was SO HOT and humid so it was warranted (sort of).

El Ateneo... an old theater that has been restored into an awesome book store. [Picture out of focus for artistic effect... I guess].

Better picture of the book store.

Basically it was an amazing trip and I REALLY want to go back. Being here in Santiago is just not quite the same (although the dry weather is pretty great).

I'm off to get ready for work. Happy Tuesday!

XX
A

No comments:

Post a Comment