photo header_zps0f91e2d9.jpg photo ex_zps61d55d43.jpg photo home_zps85f688be.jpg photo about_zpsa1ea80b7.jpg photo contact_zps4aa39ec8.jpg photo twitter_zps89adcf86.jpg photo links_zps1c63dfd5.jpg photo ex1_zps4edc29b7.jpg

Valpo Day 2

Friday, October 18, 2013

So I lied...

I thought I would have time on my birthday to show you my second day in Valpo but clearly that didn't happen. Instead my lovely friends took me to dinner and bought me a cake. I had a great time, but obviously that meant no blog. Eh... whatevs! So I thought I would finally upload the second part of my Valpo adventure. I'm actually going back to Valpo tomorrow for some more birthday shenanigans, so look out, I might have even more pics to upload soon! In the mean time I'll let the pictures do the talking...

Awesome murals on the walk to Pablo Neruda's house, La Sebastiana.

The view from our walk to La Sebastiana.

Even the cars have graffiti ha!


The gift store at La Sebastiana. I thought that the window was cool (and I was bored while I waited in the longest line of old Brazilian women to use the bathroom).

Inside La Sebastiana. It was amazing! I've always loved going to houses that have been turned into museums. It's usually my favorite type of touristy thing to do. La Sebastiana did not disappoint. For those who don't know, Pablo Neruda is sort of Chile's national icon. He was a diplomat and a poet. He won the Nobel Prize and Chileans are very proud of him. He reminds me of the type of person that would have hung out with Hemingway or Fitzgerald... but the Latin American version. Anyhooooo... La Sebastiana (one of three of his houses that are now museums) is really awesome. 

The view from the living room of La Sebastiana.

A carousel horse in the living room.

I liked this little cow guy.

The view (again).

The outside of the house.


Me being all touristy.

A random abandoned house with graffiti that I spotted on my walk down the hill from La Sebastiana.

Proof that most cats are very rude.

An old prison that's now a park.

More views of more hills... that's kind of what Valpo is (ha!).

A view of Cerro Alegre... that church you see in the middle is very famous.

More pretty boats at the harbor.



One of the elevators we took. These things are CRAZY old (and slightly terrifying).

A yummy yummy breakfast restaurant.

Machismo kills.

A graffiti of Van Gough painting.

Salvador Allende graffiti (Allende was president of Chile before Pinochet took over in a coup. It is unclear whether Allende committed suicide or was killed by Pinochet's men).

The horrific bus we took back to Santiago. I'm going to avoid TurBus in the future if I can. This bus smelled AWFUL. It was super dirty, there was graffiti all over everything (and not the pretty Valpo kind). AND there were gross couples all around us that insisted on making out the entire ride... they were VERY loud.

Well that's all for now folks! I'll keep you updated... I have a lot of plans for this weekend so I should have some cool posts coming up (also another story about the children involving prosthetic eyes...).

XX
A

No comments:

Post a Comment