photo header_zps0f91e2d9.jpg photo ex_zps61d55d43.jpg photo home_zps85f688be.jpg photo about_zpsa1ea80b7.jpg photo contact_zps4aa39ec8.jpg photo twitter_zps89adcf86.jpg photo links_zps1c63dfd5.jpg photo ex1_zps4edc29b7.jpg

Chi-Chi-Chi Le-Le-Le

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Hello world!

How are you all?

A slight change of plans... you see I was going to write about Valpo day 2, but Chile just qualified for the world cup for the first time in 15 years or something.

I'm currently sitting in my room and outside there's a symphony of car horns. People are FREAKING out! Everyone is going to Plaza Italia (a few blocks away from my house) and I can hear the vuvuzelas and screaming from my room. As I mentioned, I was going to write a post about Valpo, but it seems so much more pertinent to show you what I've viewed from my apartment!

The reaction is what I would expect from a country that had won the world cup--not from a country that qualified to be in the world cup! It's been about an hour and the honking has not stopped, and more and more people are pouring out of their houses to make their way to Plaza Italia. I snapped some (not very good) pics from my phone (my camera was dead... I charged it a bit and got some OK videos). Hopefully you can see at least a snippet of some of the excitment!






They have yet to stop... so we'll see if I get to sleep tonight!

In other news tomorrow actually happens to be my birthday (10/16) so I'll do a Valpo post as a gift to myself? Ha... I guess!  Goodnight world!

XX
A





2 comments:

  1. Gosh, Valparaíso looks as vibrant as ever! I can hardly wait for the day when I can return to Chile--such amazing memories. Hope you had a fab time celebrating your birthday!

    By the way, I stumbled across your blog via Found Love, Now What? and I'm so glad I did. Perfect reason to get nostalgic :) looking forward to following your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you're enjoying it, and thanks for stopping by :) !!

      Delete