photo header_zps0f91e2d9.jpg photo ex_zps61d55d43.jpg photo home_zps85f688be.jpg photo about_zpsa1ea80b7.jpg photo contact_zps4aa39ec8.jpg photo twitter_zps89adcf86.jpg photo links_zps1c63dfd5.jpg photo ex1_zps4edc29b7.jpg

Another Jaunt in Valpo

Thursday, January 30, 2014

I cannot believe it's almost February... where has the time gone?!? I feel like I just got to Chile but I've now been here for 7 months! How?!? 

I thought today I'd share a few last pics from my trip over the holidays. After we got back from Patagonia we went straight to Valpo. If you've read some of my earlier posts, you'll know that I've been to Valpo a few times, but I've never seen Valpo through the eyes of a person who can afford to eat well and stay in a nice place (I'm usually staying in hostels and eating whatever is cheapest)... So it was a pretty different experience to go with my parents who (generously) paid for food, hotel, transportation etc. etc. etc. I already love Valpo, but seeing Valpo this whole new way made it even better. 

We stayed at a hotel called Alto Mirrador. It was GREAT! The main problem was its location, which wasn't bad, but wasn't as close to Cerro Alegre as I would have liked. That said, the very nice rooms, beautiful views and outrageously accommodating staff outweighed any location qualms I may have had. The hotel is in a beautiful old house on top of a hill. It had crazy views of the entire port (Valparaiso is a port town), a really cute restaurant that had a delicious breakfast buffet, and a pool (not that we used it... but still!). 

I don't have a ton of pictures to share with you (at that point in the trip I kept forgetting to bring my camera with me... so I really just have a few random pictures of the hotel). Take a look, I think you'll get what I mean by just how beautiful this place was!

That back of the hotel... hot tubs, cute blue trim, sun... need more be said?

The pool! And you can see a snippet of the view in the background (this picture was taken with my back to the water, the view you see is just more of the city).


A really bad picture of the view of the city at night (but in my opinion it's kind of an interesting picture... maybe?).

So that's all for now! I have some exciting developments that I will divulge soonish so look out for that! And before any life development announcements I will be going camping in La Serena (SO EXCITED!!!) so hopefully I'll have some cool stuff to show you.

Excuse the scattered nature of my writing in this post... I suppose it's just one of those days!

Happy Thursday!

A

No comments:

Post a Comment