photo header_zps0f91e2d9.jpg photo ex_zps61d55d43.jpg photo home_zps85f688be.jpg photo about_zpsa1ea80b7.jpg photo contact_zps4aa39ec8.jpg photo twitter_zps89adcf86.jpg photo links_zps1c63dfd5.jpg photo ex1_zps4edc29b7.jpg

Things to do before I leave...

Friday, May 31, 2013

Well of course I have about a million logistical things to do before I leave for Chile. The visa process alone is HORRIFYING. I am desperately attempting to throw away four years worth of stuff from living in Los Angeles. Plus I seem to still have tons of things from high school... How is that possible?! Aside from all of the boring things I have to do, my Bay Area "bucket list" is ENDLESS. Here's my list of things to do prior to leaving:
  • EAT... there are so many delicious restaurants that I must eat at before leaving for an entire year!
    • The Cheeseboard... the most delicious pizza you can imagine. It's certainly not the normal conception of pizza but it is amazingly tasty (or as my friends and I say... de-lOI-cious). I urge anyone taking a trip in the Bay Area to stop by. Don't be afraid by the bizarre daily pizza choice (as it will be your only option). The cheeseboard has the amazing ability to make basically any combination outrageously yummy (sorry, deloicious). Here's what I mean: 
      • And yes... that's really what the people there look like. It's really a Berkeley establishment. Picture from here
    • Gordo's. Amazingly delicious burritos. I lived in LA for four year and LA really know how to do tacos but I'm convinced Northern California is really the place for burritos (also Picante... but I've already paid my respects at that gem of an establishment).
    • Ton Kiang. Dim sum is one of my absolute favorites. I can't get enough! While you can find delicious dim sum all over the place, San Francisco's, in my opinion, cannot be beat.
    • Vik's. Such amazing Indian food. It used to be this kind of scary warehouse with all of these insane instructions written on paper plates. They still have a strict sporks-only thing going on there, but it really is all part of the experience. Plus the view from the parking lot is pretty great.
    • I'm realizing I can go on for pages about food in the Bay Area... I mean it really could be it's own blog (and I'm sure there are a million of them). So onto the next thing...
  • The river. Every summer my friends and I go up to the Russian River. It's one of the most beautiful and peaceful places. Bring some beers and tubes and you can just float around on the river all day. It's a dreamland where nothing bad ever happens! 
      • Image can be found here.
  • DRANKIN. OK... I'm not a total alchi, but I do enjoy a nice cocktail. My friends and I tend to be too lazy to go further than a few blocks away to local bars. #lame. I really want to try this one bar in San Francisco that looks super cool and, most importantly, is owned by the people that own my favorite San Francisco restaurant. The bar is called Hard Water and it's right on the embarcadero. Awesome drinks and a great view? I'm in. We'll see if this happens... I'll likely end up going to the usual haunches. Save some $crill.
  • First Friday. First Friday is a huge street fair in Oakland on the first Friday of every month. While I want to go in order to sell some of my many things, they also have music and food. Plus the bars in downtown Oakland are crazy fun, so it can easily turn into an all-night affair.
  • The Pool. Pretty self explanatory.
  • The Beach. Another obvious one.
  • Stript. By far the best place to go for waxing. I guess this may be a more logistical/upkeep activity, but I seriously love it that much! They give you champaign and brownies. What more could you ask for?!
OK well this is all I'll put on my list for now. I keep thinking of other small things to include but let's be honest, I'll be amazed if anyone reads THIS far. Plus I have to deal with all of the other tragically boring things like cleaning and packing. Ew. 

I send my love to you, weblings. May you have a great Friday and a happy happy weekend!

xx
A

No comments:

Post a Comment